/this/ breaks C-p (?) in un-expanded quote

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: /this/ breaks C-p (?) in un-expanded quote
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 01:13:00 +0200

I just saw something strange on gnu.emacs.help which
I was able to recreate, however not with 'emacs -Q' as
then I didn't get Gnus to connect and I didn't feel
like doing it without my configs.

Anyway, on gnu.emacs.help I saw a guy doing /this/ to
emphasize or underline (?) something.
Personally I only use *this* method and seldom so, so
I was unaware that /this/ makes for the
`gnus-emphasis-italic' face (and the slash delimiters
dissappear).

However when quoted, like this

> like /this/ (now the word this should be in some
> other color depending on how face(s) are setup)

it seems, I can't get past it with C-p from below.
The even stranger thing is that it works with
`previous-line', just not the hey! (Also, it works
when the quote is expanded.) C-n works as expected,
all cases.

Does it work for you?

Here is some data if you like to see the original
post, by Marcin Borkowski. However as I said,
I managed to get it to work (not work) independently
of that post. So either it is my configs or it is
a bug.