Re: Jump from notmuch to Gnus for nnml, nnfolder?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Jump from notmuch to Gnus for nnml, nnfolder?
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:20:15 +0100

Julien writes:

> For those of you using notmuch with Gnus, what did you choose? Put all
> your messages in a Maildir ?

I have all my email in nnml in ~/Mail, and then I have configured nnir
to use notmuch as the backend for searching, by adding
(nnir-search-engine notmuch) to my nnml-entry in
gnus-secondary-select-methods and in my gnus-message-archive-method.

Notmuch is configured to point to ~/Mail, and to ignore the things I
don't want indexed (drafts;cron;spam...)

I search by pressing G G on an email group inside Gnus.

Seems to work quite well.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Unserious to the end                                        Adam Sjøgren
  As if I had a choice"                                  asjo@koldfront.dk