Re: message too large?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: message too large?
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 17:56:24 +0100

ZWu writes:

> Yeah, each time I reply an article, I use 'F' to quote the old
> text.

And then you delete the text that is not relevant, and add your comments
interleaved, as I do here?

> This is the error message. The mojibak gibberish is non-English
> characters I think.

(I have trimmed those in the quote below:)

> Sending news via news.newsfan.net using nntp...
> 441 "[...]" 41/48 0.85, limit is 0.60
> Couldn't send message via news: 441 "[...]" 41/48 0.85, limit is 0.60

The error comes from the news.newsfan.net, it is not a limit imposed by
Gnus.

"441" means "Posting failed".

It looks like the message is trying to tell you that 41 lines of 48
lines was quotes (85%), and the news server only allows 60% quotes in a
post.

I think the administrator of the news-server you are using wants you to
follow usenet conventions and NOT quote everything in your answer, but
trim down the quotations down to the parts you are actually answering.

The point of that is explained on the wikipedia-page I linked to
earlier.

  Good luck,

    Adam

--
 "Sadly, these days, if you know the difference               Adam Sjøgren
  between a phillips- and a flat head screwdriver,       asjo@koldfront.dk