Re: mail back to UTF-8 before save to HD

From: Peter Münster
Subject: Re: mail back to UTF-8 before save to HD
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 08:45:59 +0100

On Thu, Feb 04 2016, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> However when the mail from (case 1) is archived in my
> nnml group mail.sent, the UTF-8 isn't restored but the
> "quoted-printable" style remains:
>
>     =C3=A4=C3=A5=C3=B6
>     =C3=84=C3=85=C3=96

But in the Gnus Article buffer you see "äåö" and "ÅÅÖ", don't you?

> My question is, how can I automatize this so the UTF-8
> is restored automatically if it was used in the

If you really want quoted-printable format for sending and archiving,
then I don't know the answer.
But if you don't need quoted-printable in the first place, then

(add-to-list 'mm-content-transfer-encoding-defaults '("text/plain" 8bit))

would probably solve your problem.

--
           Peter