Re: Expirable mark preserved

From: Marcin Włodarczak
Subject: Re: Expirable mark preserved
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 11:56:16 +0100

On 02/07/2016 06:09 AM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Marcin Włodarczak <marcin@wlodarczak.org> writes:
>
>> In another attempt to move over to Gnus, I have been trying to figure
>> out a thing I have stubled over previously. So I have auto-expiry turn
>> on in my inbox and when I open an email, it is correctly marked as
>> expirable. However, when I then move a message to another mailbox with
>> auto-expiry turned off, the expirable mark is still there even though
>> `gnus-mark-copied-or-moved-articles-as-expirable' is set to nil. Do I
>> unerstand it correctly that in that case the E flat should be dropped
>> when copying/moving?
>
> No, that variable only controls what happens when you move articles to
> groups that are total-expirable: Then they will be marked as expirable
> there even if they aren't originally.

I see. But then the documentation of this variable is rather confusing,
especially the part which says:

If nil, the expirable marks will be unchanged except that the marks
will be removed when copying or moving articles to a group that has
not turned auto-expire on.

> You have to remove the mark explicitly from the article before moving if
> you don't want it to remain expirable.

OK but that's probably something that could be done in the
gnus-summary-article-move-hook, right?

Cheers,
Marcin