Re: message auto-saving?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: message auto-saving?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:18:13 +0100

On 2016-03-24 10:51, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 24 2016, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>> I just had emacs crash, and I could recover almost all my files using
>> their last autosave, with one exception: the email I was writing.
>
> It was not in ~/News/drafts/drafts ?

No, there was nothing there. I just waited until I save the "autosave"
message for this current message, and I cannot find where this has been
saved … I also looked into ~/Mail/drafts, which is where
`message-auto-save-directory' points to, but it is not there. (The
docstring for that variable says that this is the buffer where messages
are saved if Gnus is not running, but I don't know where to look if Gnus
is running.)

Is there an equivalent of `message-auto-save-directory' for gnus?

>> Do I need to configure something to have emails being written
>> autosaved?
>
> You could decrease auto-save-timeout and/or auto-save-interval.

Yes, I'll do this once I can find where the messages are saved. Thank
you for the suggestion!

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂ (2016-02, Mauna Loa Obs.): 404.02