Re: message auto-saving?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: message auto-saving?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 19:52:37 +0100

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

>> Assuming you are using a unix variant, try the
>> following On shell: $ cd $ touch xxx (some file
>> name that is unique) Now start composing an email
>> and wait for auto-save to kick in. Back in shell: $
>> find . -newer xxx and see what it reports.
>
> Great idea!

Indeed, very impressive :)

> I've found it. It's in
> ~/.emacs/.cache/auto-save/site. I would never have
> thought to look there.

If you do `C-h a gnus directory RET' you get a couple
of Gnus directories to examine. Many, actually.

Is it `gnus-cache-directory', perhaps?

If you don't find it that way, do the search the
opposite direction, with `apropos-value' (I have that
`C-h V' but it isn't shortcutted by default).
Then enter the path or parts of it.

                   - so far: 19 Blogomatic articles -