Re: Citation processing in HTML articles?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Citation processing in HTML articles?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 21:05:09 +0200

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

> I have come to rely on Gnus' syntax coloring
> and most especially its ability to hide long
> stretches of cited text (nobody prunes their
> messages anymore).

Creative! :) The power of colors should never
be underestimated. (And I'm not talking pink
panties here.)

But, in this case there is a better way:

    (setq gnus-treat-hide-citation t)

> But I also deal with lots of messages that
> only format well when rendered as HTML, and
> AFAICT there's no way to get gnus-cite to
> interoperate with shr or w3m, which often
> leaves me scrolling through huge blobs of
> cited text hoping I don't miss the one- or
> two-line response. Does anybody have
> a solution for this?

You better believe it:

    (setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/richtext"))

                   - so far: 30 Blogomatic articles -