Re: nnml or nnmaildir for mail archive + notmuch

From: Saša Janiška
Subject: Re: nnml or nnmaildir for mail archive + notmuch
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:29:24 +0200

> Start moving the articles in Gnus?

Yes, moving or copying them to the archive.

> 'B m' on the article and then enter the name of the group, something
> like, say, 'nnml+archive:2015' - if I understand what you want
> correctly.

Yes, the problem is that when I want to copy/move some article to the
archive and start typing in minibuffe, e.g. ’nnm’ then Gnus responds
with ’no match’.

Otoh, if I press ’^’, I see:

 {nnml:local} (opened)

so wonder what do I miss?

> (You shouldn't move files around behind Gnus' back, when using nnml.)

I read that nnml is not like nnmaildir in this regard. Thanks. ;)

> For reference, my configuration looks like this:

[…]

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
>From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion
bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered,
intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost
one falls down again into the material pool.