Re: nnir-notmuch-engine setup with gnus/offlineimap/dovecot

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: nnir-notmuch-engine setup with gnus/offlineimap/dovecot
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:51:07 +0200

On 2016-09-30 08:59, Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

>> 2. Building dovecot with clucene and stemmer support for search
>
> Does this really work with nnimap-shell-program? I thought one has to
> use the dovecot daemon for this?

Yes, but setting up a dovecot daemon is not too difficult and it has
other advantages. For instance, I have two email accounts, one is purely
local and the other is synced using offlineimap, and I can easily access
both of them (and search through both of them) by using two dovecot
users.

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2016-08: 402.25, 2015-08: 398.93