gnus-notifications: Wrong type argument: stringp

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: gnus-notifications: Wrong type argument: stringp
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:04:13 +0200

Hi,

All of a sudden, i.e. yesterday I did not have the problem, I get the
following error when I check for new news:

gnus-notifications: Wrong type argument: stringp,
("loris\\.bennett@fu-berlin\\.de" "HPC-Service\\|hpc@zedat\\.fu-berlin\\.de")

In my .emacs I have:

,-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| '(gnus-icalendar-org-capture-file "~/git/org.git/gtd.org")
| '(gnus-icalendar-org-capture-headline (quote ("Exchange")))
| '(gnus-ignored-from-addresses
|   (quote
|    ("loris\\.bennett@fu-berlin\\.de"
"HPC-Service\\|hpc@zedat\\.fu-berlin\\.de")))
`-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't changed gnus-ignored-from-addresses in months if not years.
The only change I made recently was uncommenting the following lines in
my .emacs two days ago:

| (require 'gnus-icalendar)
| (gnus-icalendar-setup)
| (gnus-icalendar-org-setup)

Could the gnus icalendar settings be somehow causing the problem?

Cheers,

Loris