Re: Old Gnus messages are not fetched

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Old Gnus messages are not fetched
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 18:51:01 -1000

Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> writes:

> I am in a mailbox that displays 86 messages put has 9060 messages. I
> want to fetch them all. So I enter:
>     / o
>
> But it fetches nothing.

This is just a guess, but looking at the docs for / o (below) it seems
like you need a non-numerical prefix argument. This worked correctly for
me with C-u / o.  (Keep in mind that I could be way off here, but worth
a try.)

"/ o runs the command gnus-summary-insert-old-articles (found in
gnus-summary-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp function
in ‘gnus-sum.el’.

It is bound to / o, <menu-bar> <Gnus> <See old articles>.

(gnus-summary-insert-old-articles &optional ALL)

Insert all old articles in this group.
If ALL is non-nil, already read articles become readable.
If ALL is a number, fetch this number of articles."

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i