Re: Gnus hangs during or after reading nnml

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus hangs during or after reading nnml
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:12:41 +0200

Kayaalp wrote:

> Today, I tried de-agentizing nntp:gmane

What does that mean?

> which seemed to fix the issue for now, tho
> IDK if this will be temporary too. I wanted
> to ask if anybody has similar issues to mine

I've had this/a similar issue for several
years (?) and it has been discussed on the
lists so I know it isn't just me. But it is me
as well, for sure :) What happens is, when I do
`gnus-group-get-new-news' I get news alright,
but ~9 out of 10 times I also get this error
message, and no mail update.

    Mail source (pop :user moasen :password
    XYZ123 :server pop.zoho.com :port 995
    :stream ssl) failed: (error USER moasen not
    valid)

However, because the error message just flashes
by, I simply read the news and sooner or later
I get the mails, if any. Not the power user
way, perhaps...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573