Re: wrong unread count on imap server synced with offlineimap

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: wrong unread count on imap server synced with offlineimap
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:32:32 +0100

Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> writes:

> I don't think your set-up makes sense.  I don't think it is possible
> for offlineimap to ensure that the two IMAP servers use the same
> internal message numbers when it copies messages.  And Gnus uses
> these numbers to track things like unread status, so you shouldn't
> use the same .newsrc.eld for the two servers.  If you don't
> synchronize the .newsrc.eld, things should work fine.

But only if I synchronize the .newsrc.eld file can I get the
tick/dormant and so one flags consistent between the two machines, not
to mention the nnml groups I also use. I guess I should also synchronize
the whole offline imap directories then, but I'd like to avoid this as
it seems an unnecessary when there is already a remote imap server in
the picture.

Julien.