Re: on automatic gnus-summary-insert-new-articles after posting

From: Robert Girault
Subject: Re: on automatic gnus-summary-insert-new-articles after posting
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 22:26:21 -0300

Robert Girault <r@dev.null> writes:

[...]

>> I don't know how slrn does it, so I don't know exactly what effect
>> you're after. Are you using threading? I've got `gnus-show-threads' set
>> to t and `gnus-fetch-old-headers' set to 'some, and that shows me just
>> as much context as I want.
>
> Surprisingly perhaps, I feel better without threading, so I turned it
> off.  When I wanna see a parent message, I say ^.

I should also add that I discovered the variable

  gnus-auto-select-name

which is interesting for non-threaded summaries.  It affects the
behavior of gnus-summary-next-unread-article.  If the variable is
non-nil, then the next selected article will have the same subject, if
any.  So you can follow a thread by jumping messages that belong to it.