Re: newbie question: trouble with mail splitting

From: physiculus
Subject: Re: newbie question: trouble with mail splitting
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 19:33:08 +0200

Adam Sj?gren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

> (Please reply to the mailing list, and not just me. Email-addresses in
> the To: line should be comma-, not space-separated. Thanks.)
>
> physiculus writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> ;; split
>> ;; client-side imap splitting erm?glichen
>> (gnus-group-split-setup t)
>> (setq nnimap-split-download-body t)
>> (setq nnmail-crosspost nil)
>> (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
>> (setq nnmail-split-fancy
>>       '(|
>>         ;;(: spam-split 'spam-use-regex-headers)
>>         (To "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" "nnmaildir+Lokal:OrgDigest")
>>         (From ".*n3.nabble.com" "nnmaildir+Lokal:notmuch")
>>         (From ".*pinterest.com" "nnmaildir+Lokal:Pinterest")
>>         (Subject "^FRITZ!.*" "nnmaildir+Lokal:fritz")
>>         (From "forum@papyrus.de" "nnmaildir+Lokal:Papyrus")
>>         ;;(: spam-split)
>>         ("mail.misc")
>>         ))
>>
>> ;; (setq nnmail-split-fancy
>> ;;       '(|
>> ;;         (: spam-split)
>> ;;         "inbox"))
>>
>> ;; initialisiere split
>> (setq gnus-group-split-setup t)
>> (setq nnmail-pre-get-new-mail-hook '(gnus-group-split-update))
>
> [...]
>

>> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '(
>> (nnimap "GMail"
>>                                               (nnimap-address
>> "imap.gmail.com")
>>                                               (nnimap-server-port "imaps")
>>                                               (nnimap-user
>> "xxx@googlemail.com")
>>                                               (nnimap-stream ssl)
>>                                               (nnimap-split-methods
>> 'nnmail-split-fancy)
>>                                               (get-new-mail t)
>>                                               (nnir-search-engine imap)
>>                                               )
>
> [...]
>
> As far as I can tell, the above quoted parts of your .gnus are the ones
> related to splitting.
>
> So you are doing nnimap-splitting. Step 1 is to read:
>
>  ? http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_83.html#Client_002dSide-IMAP-Splitting
>
> I think you need to set nnimap-split-fancy to your fancy splits:
>
> ,----[ C-h v nnimap-split-fancy RET ]
> | nnimap-split-fancy is a variable defined in ?nnimap.el?.
> | Its value is nil
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Uses the same syntax as ?nnmail-split-fancy?.
> |
> | This is a Gnus server variable.  See Info node ?(gnus)Select
> | Methods?.
Hello,
i try to use all your suggestions and reading material.
Now my related split config looks like this:
(nnimap "GMail"
                                              (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                                              (nnimap-server-port "imaps")
                                              (nnimap-user
"physiculus@googlemail.com")
                                              (nnimap-stream ssl)
                                              (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
                                              (nnimap-split-methods
'nnimap-split-fancy)
                                              (nnimap-split-fancy
      '(|
        ;;(: spam-split 'spam-use-regex-headers)
        (To "emacs-orgmode@gnu\\.org" "nnmaildir+Lokal:OrgDigest")
        (From ".*n3\\.nabble\\.com" "nnmaildir+Lokal:notmuch")
        (From ".*pinterest\\.com" "nnmaildir+Lokal:Pinterest")
        (Subject "^FRITZ!.*" "nnmaildir+Lokal:fritz")
        (From "forum@papyrus\\.de" "nnmaildir+Lokal:Papyrus")
        ;;(: spam-split)
        ("mail.misc")
        ))
                                              (get-new-mail t)
                                              (nnir-search-engine imap)
                                              )

A difference is now, that now i got an error message from gnus. That
looks promise! Unfortunately i dont know how i can fix it.

Error in ‘nnmail-split-methods’; using ‘bogus’ mail group:
(wrong-type-argument arrayp (| (To "emacs-orgmode@gnu\\.org"
"nnmaildir+Lokal:OrgDigest") (From ".*n3\\.nabble\\.com"
"nnmaildir+Lokal:notmuch") (From ".*pinterest\\.com"
"nnmaildir+Lokal:Pinterest") (Subject "^FRITZ!.*"
"nnmaildir+Lokal:fritz") (From "forum@papyrus\\.de"
"nnmaildir+Lokal:Papyrus") ("mail.misc")))

Any clues or infos about it?

Regards
Poul