Re: Colours gone

From: Richmond
Subject: Re: Colours gone
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 17:36:20 +0000

Emanuel Berg via info-gnus-english <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:

> Richmond wrote:
>
>> After upgrading to 27 I've lost some colour
>> settings affecting the gnus list of groups,
>> list of articles. It used to show groups with
>> unread articles in a different colour. I am
>> also getting error messages about "invalid
>> face" (a bit of a cheek!)
>>
>> What can I do about these? Do I need to
>> install faces?
>
> You can use this to find out what face
> something is:
>
> (defun what-face (pos)
>   (interactive "d")
>   (let((face (or (get-char-property pos 'face)
>                  (get-char-property pos 'read-cf-name) )))
>     (message " Face: %s" (or face "(no face!)")) ))
> (defalias 'wf #'what-face)
>
> Then do, for example:
>
> (modify-face 'gnus-group-mail-1 "cyan" nil nil t)
>
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/faces.el

OK what-face says the face in question is gnus-summary-high-read-face but when
I put (modify-face 'gnus-summary-high-read-face "cyan" nil nil t) into
.gnus it says invalid face.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid face" gnus-summary-high-read-face)
  internal-set-lisp-face-attribute(gnus-summary-high-read-face :foreground
"cyan" 0)

Maybe it has to be in the context of gnus running?

The link above was broken. But I found this, not sure what it is telling
me.

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/test-faces.el