Re: nnimap workflow examples?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: nnimap workflow examples?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:19:29 -0700

Garjola Dindi <garjola@garjola.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using offlineimap [1] for years to get mail into gnus, but
> since offlineimap stores messages in maildir format it has started to
> become rather slow.
>
> I have tried nnimap and it is much faster!
>
> However, I would like to be able to store mail locally so I can read it
> offline (I keep org-mode links in the notes I take while going through
> my inbox).
>
> I am looking for examples of configurations or workflows that I could use.

In addition to what's been said, I would recommend a combination of a
local dovecot server, accessed via localhost, and isync (the executable
is called "mbsync") for syncing it to your remote server. If your remote
server also happens to be dovecot, you can use dovecot's own dsync
program to do the syncing.