Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 08:17:37 -1000

You are 100% right, I believe. Gmail pretends to have folders
but really doesn't, it just has labels. The issue for me is
how this is reflected in the gnus structure, which sees things
as folders. So I treat "All Mail" as a folder which I know
will contain everything, and do org-mode links to All Mail
rather than to some specific pseudo-folder (which is really a
label).

This must be the original poster's problem. He tries to remove
the "All Mail" label. This gets reflected locally in gnus
until his next update at which time the All Mail label returns
because gmail will never take it away until the mail is
actually deleted.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i