Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")

From: Jeffrey DeLeo
Subject: Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 18:46:26 +0000

Lars-Johan Liman <info-gnus-english@cafax.se> writes:

> respository. I do _nothing_ in Gmail. I download everything to my Gnus
> machine and split the mail into folders there. Gmail knows nothing
> about my folders. It just stores my mail until I download it. This may

Do you have gnus split the gmail messages to local folders? Would you
share your splitting code?

My experience is this: to copy a gmail message into a local nnml folder
I need to first copy the message into the folder, then move the message
to gmail trash. If I just move the message to the local nnml folder it
never gets deleted from gmail.  I haven't worked out write split code in
gnus that could do this for me - but I would be delighted if someone
else had...