Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 10:06:59 -1000

  I haven't worked out write split code in
> gnus that could do this for me - but I would be delighted if someone
> else had...

I don't do splitting but I do use the following to delete Gmail

(gnus-summary-move-article nil "nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Trash" nil)

This only works from the summary buffer but the concept may be
adaptable for splitting to a local folder and deleting from Gmail
after the split.

Note to the OP: this is the ONLY way to get stuff out of All Mail
(along with moving to Spam). Retagging in any other way will always,
always, always leave something in Gmail. And if you add a tag and then
delete it from All Mail, it will be gone, tag and all. If it's not in
All Mail it doesn't exist.
--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i