How make an alist from this code?

From: hput
Subject: How make an alist from this code?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 22:58:59 +0000

Sorry to be such a dunce after years and years of using emacs and gnus
but I never really caught on much to elisp.

As many here do I have heck of time keeping gnus lively while reading
writing.  With even the briefest of pauses my connection to io will
flounder and I'll have to take some action to get it going again.

I've been using the code below to re-initiate a connection to io.

(defun gnus-open-servers (&optional silent)
  (interactive)
  (save-window-excursion
    (unless (get-buffer gnus-server-buffer)
      (gnus-group-enter-server-mode) )
    (dolist (elem gnus-opened-servers)
      (gnus-close-server (car elem)))
    (with-current-buffer gnus-server-buffer
      (gnus-server-open-all-servers) )
    (unless silent
      (message "open") )))

I've probably completely slaughtered other folks code.  I just call it
with M-x gnus-open-servers.   But it really closes and opens I think.

I think it closes and opens several of my servers in server buffer.
But I only have trouble with one news server (news.gmane.io) and that
is really all I need to close and then open (I think).

The way it is actually does work and at least I can get something sent
out for a few moments before the nasty pause and busy mouse takes over
on the next attempt to open a group or mail something.

I wondered if someone could show me how use the code but close and open
only news.gmane.io.... I'm not sure that will make much difference.
It just seems like a waste to do more than that.

Whoops .. in the time it took to get that written I'm unable to send
it.