info-mtools

Re: [mtools] Mtools 3.9.10 for VMS

From: Alain Knaff
Subject: Re: [mtools] Mtools 3.9.10 for VMS
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:00:16 +0200

Steven M. Schweda wrote:
   An adaptation of mtools 3.9.10 for VMS is available at:

      http://antinode.org/dec/sw/mtools.html

   It's not been tested very thoroughly, but some things seem to work
for me, and I don't think that the changes and the added code are
completely embarassing, so I'm admitting to them here.

   As explained in the notes, this kit includes the original and
modified source files, plus VMS binaries for all three architectures
(Alpha, IA64, VAX).  Where practical/convenient, the VMS-specific files
are segregated in a (new) "vms" directory.

   If possible, I'd like to see these changes incorporated into the main
development stream.  Questions and complaints are welcome.

In order to make it easier for me to integrate this into mtools' main development stream, could you try to make a *minimal* patch against the current patch version (20060531)? (i.e. minimum amount of changes to get it to work on VMS)

Thanks,

Alain