info-sather

Interfacing with C - macros and stuff

From: Marek Janukowicz
Subject: Interfacing with C - macros and stuff
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 01:02:14 +0100

Hello

Specification p. 15.2. reads: "Constants of external C types are interpreted
as C constants or macros.".

Am I misreading it or does it mean I should be able to do smth like:

external C class C_SMTH is
  const AI_PASSIVE : C_INT;
end;

and then (given I'd include netdb.h somewhere) C_SMTH::AI_PASSIVE would
contain the value of this C macro? Because I can't do that: I can't create a
constant and not init it immediately and if I init it, it doesn't contain C
value, but Sather value I provided, right?

So to sum it up - either it's poorly specified or not implemented
(partially/completely) or I'm reading it wrong.

--
Marek Janukowicz