info-stow

[Info-stow] ANNOUNCE: Stow plugin for mr

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: [Info-stow] ANNOUNCE: Stow plugin for mr
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:08:30 +0000

Hi all,

I'm sharing this in case it's of use / interest ...

Personally I use Stow for management of "dot files" (~/.bashrc,
~/.zshrc etc.) and software in my home directory, not for system-wide
installs in /usr/local/stow or /opt as many users have done in the
past.  In order to facilitate this I've written a Stow plugin for Joey
Hess' excellent utility called 'mr':

  http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/mr/

I'm currently working with Joey on integrating this plugin and other
enhancements back into his official master branch:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.home-dir/415

Here's my git repository:

  https://github.com/aspiers/kitenet-mr/

Let me know if this is an approach you're interested in!

Cheers,
Adam