jami

[Ring] Big endian issues.

From: Steven Gawroriski
Subject: [Ring] Big endian issues.
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 16:37:12 -0400

Hello,

Ring on Debian (which is at 20160901.1.204c604~dfsg2-2) is completely
unusable on big endian systems. The only sounds generated by the
program are various brown noises. When an incoming call is made, you
hear a distorted and echoed trill similar to talking down a very long
metal pipe.

I also tested sending of video from one system to another and that does
not appear to work at all. My one system shows the video feed on the
bottom right corner, however the other side is completely blank (I only
have a single camera however).

Communication between big endian and little endian produces no sound on
the little endian side while the big endian side only hears static. The
little endian side also does not see the other side's video feed.

Chatting works fine however.