jami

Re: [Ring] Ring 2 loses contacts after close/reopen (SIP)

From: Stepan Salenikovich
Subject: Re: [Ring] Ring 2 loses contacts after close/reopen (SIP)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 10:11:38 -0500 (EST)

----- On Feb 22, 2017, at 11:30 AM, Bruno Jesus address@hidden wrote:

> Hi all, I'm trying to use Ring 2 (beta) as a SIP client and after
> adding contact numbers and naming them eveything seems ok. But if I
> close and reopen the program all contact names are lost, only the
> number remains in the contact list.
>
> The exact action I'm doing:
> 1) type the person number (eg 300) in the search contact box and press enter;
> 2) Right-click 300 in the contact list and select add contact, new
> contact, fill person name (eg Foobar);

Could you specify which addressbook you are selecting to save the contact in?
There is one chosen by default, but I think which one depends on the order they
are loaded in at runtime, so it may change.

Anyways, there is a bug where certain addressbooks are available for selection
when saving a contact, but don't actually save the contact:
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=812

Also, if you're using gnome/ubuntu online accounts, the Google addressbook
falsely
confirms that it saves the contact, but it doesn't actually seem to work:
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=51

Make sure you're selecting either a locally created addressbook, or the vCard
one.

> 3) Now there are 2 entries in the list: 300 and Foobar;
> 4) Close ring and reopen;
> 5) Only 300 remains in the list, Foobar is gone.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is that expected?
>
> Best wishes,
> Bruno

-stepan