jami

Re: [Ring] Install problem with ubuntu 16.10

From: Stepan Salenikovich
Subject: Re: [Ring] Install problem with ubuntu 16.10
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:05:56 -0500 (EST)

----- On Feb 28, 2017, at 3:52 AM, Grégory Blanc address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> So, libebook-contacts was installed :
>
> $ sudo apt-get install libebook-contacts-1.2-2
> Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
> Construction de l'arbre des dépendances
> Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
> libebook-contacts-1.2-2 is already the newest version (3.22.3-0ubuntu0.1).
> 0 mis à jour, 0 nouvellement installés, 0 à enlever et 0 non mis à jour.
>
> libprotobuf10, too
>
> sudo apt-get install libprotobuf10
> Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
> Construction de l'arbre des dépendances
> Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
> libprotobuf10 is already the newest version (3.0.0-7ubuntu3).
> libprotobuf10 passé en « installé manuellement ».
> 0 mis à jour, 0 nouvellement installés, 0 à enlever et 0 non mis à jour.
>
> And I have libprotobuf-lite9v5 in version 2.6.1-1.3 installed. I can't
> remove this version because programs use this version (for exemple
> slack-desktop)

Hmm, but libprotobuf-lite9v5 isn't normally avaiable on 16.10... maybe there
is a conflict due to this?

What do you get if you do 'ldd /usr/local/bin/gnome-ring | grep protobuf' ?

Maybe you need to do an 'apt-get dist-upgrade'?
disclaimer: this may remove existing libs / programs if they are no longer
supported in 16.10