jami

Re: [Ring] GSoC Houmin

From: Houmin
Subject: Re: [Ring] GSoC Houmin
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 00:28:56 +0800

************ Report of Week3 **********************
This week, I finished the skeleton code for *ring-client-iot*.

I am doing my work under ring-daemon/bin directory now. Like dbus client and rest client, I create my own iot directoy for my iot client. To make it compile ok, I also modify the configure.ac under ring-daemon directory. At the same time, I modify the Makefile.am and main.cpp to compile my own iot client.

After all this compile stuff setting done, with
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-iot
make
We can get our ring client iot under ring-daemon/bin/ directory now.

Up to now, the iot client can register a Ring Account, it can also receive and send Ring text messages. Actually, we just do some wrapper of the dring API, like *configurationmanager*, *callmanager*,*presencemanager*,*videomanager*. This is what we do in dbus/rest client. Then I create a main loop for the iot client. In the loop, we will poll events, for which part I just handle the receiving a message by installed a incomingAccountMessage handler. We will also send our message to the destination, even though the message and destination are all hardcoded.

My code is here: https://github.com/SimpCosm/ring-client-iot

This just contains my work part, not all the ring daemon code. By the way, the ring daemon is based on Ring beta2.

Plan for week4:
- change Makefile to realize the compilation of ring client iot independent with the ring daemon. Since the ring daemon src code can provide us with a *libring.a* static library, maybe we just need the libring.a locally and write a Makefile. I am wondering if the automake tools are still needed.

- reconsidering the account register process of Ring. I once tried to import Ring Account that we have created using gnome-ring using the .local/share/ring/b67a55fbac7b06a0/export.gz by the *importAccounts* API, but it failed. Then I use the *addAccount* API to create a new Ring Account. It worked, but the code is ugly, you can see it here(https://github.com/SimpCosm/ring-client-iot/blob/master/iot/iotclient.cpp). And everytime I start the iot client process, I have to create a new Ring Account. This can be bothering, and I have to deal with it. To do this, I need to have a deep understanding about the Ring account stuff.

Houmin Wei  ( 魏后民 )
Undergraduate,School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science
Peking University, Beijing, 100871.