jami

Re: [Ring] Import an account on Linux

From: Óvári
Subject: Re: [Ring] Import an account on Linux
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 07:09:49 +1100

Hi Nicolas,

Please enable export/import buttons in Ring to automatically save/open contacts/conversations/etc when doing a fresh install of Ring.

What do you think?

Thank you

On 5/12/17 7:02 am, Nicolas Jäger wrote:
So the only thing i could export with export.gz is my RingID right now?
no, You save your keys: private and public (the last one is your ring Id).

Could i save my data manually somehow?
yes, you can save all your account(s) on linux by copying thoses directories :

./config/ring
./local/share/ring

you can also save the conversations and contacts recorded in the client :

./local/share/gnome-ring

you can do a tarball from your home directory :
tar cvf save-my-ring.tar.gz .config/ring/ .local/share/ring/
.local/share/gnome-ring/

Nicolas Jäger
(514) 276-5468 Poste 121