jami

Re: local encryption

From: Adrien Béraud
Subject: Re: local encryption
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 09:25:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Android, Jami stores conversation media in app-private storage (not
available to other apps nor through the filesystem, and it's the OS
responsibility to protect it).

We don't provide password-based local encryption of media and message history
yet.
However, private account keys can optionally be password-encrypted on the
device.

Best regards

Adrien Béraud
Directeur du projet Jami