js-shield

Re: Notes on the web page

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Re: Notes on the web page
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:52:34 +0200

Hello Ricardo,

Hello Libor,

Thank you for the detailed write-up! We took care of a few changes following
your suggestions, and others probably need some discussion. Here's what's fixed:

  * Moved "Known Issues" to the developer notes section
  * Rename Wrappers menu category to Key Protection, and add a link to the
wrappers page (this is not final, just for you to get quick access to the
wrappers page so that we can decide how to proceed (see below)
  * Include the Network Boundary Shield on the Key Protection menu

Thank you.

Other notes on open issues:

  * We agree with including the wrappers on their own page instead of linking
to them on the sidebar, and we agree that creating more general categories for
the wrappers will be clearer. However we do not have the expertise to suggest
ways and names for categorising them; if anyone wants to suggest a possible
structure, we can just put it in and then review our choices.

I agree. We (extension devs) need to create the categories during the redesign
of the UI.

  * We'll review the Wrappers page to include a link to the "Making a new
wrapper" page
  * You mentioned that the webdriver download page is missing, but we had included it as
the "Installing" page. Did we get something wrong in the process?

When I click on Installing in the menu, I get to
https://jsr.manufacturaindependente.org/md_docs__includes_stores.html.

It is a prerequisite page for
https://jsr.manufacturaindependente.org/md_tests_integration_tests_README.html
and https://jsr.manufacturaindependente.org/md_tests_system_tests_README.html.
Both pages mention downloading the drivers.

  * Featuring parallel documentation versions is feasible, but not trivial.
Would you need a version for every branch?

I don't think that we should aim for every branch. Right now we have a stable
version that is in stores and development version with the recent changes of
Giorgio and Matúš. Maybe there will be a need for another view, so I think that
we will need 2-3. We can also use adifferent URL for dev pages or a similar
approach.

Would the home page be different for each branch, or just the technical docs?

What seems to be easier? We can discuss the difficulties and then determine the
approach:

We can discuss this one on the next call, and we'll work on the other open
issues in the meantime.

Another question worth considering is the blog/news generator. We are currently
using Github pages generated by jekyll https://jekyllrb.com/. It seems that
Jekyll supports creating blogs https://jekyllrb.com/docs/posts/ and it should
be possible to integrate Atom feeds, see https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll-feed.
We can discuss on Monday if it makes sense to integrate jekyll to the pages or
not.

Best

Libor