js-shield

Paper submitted to CNIL conference and ArXiv

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Paper submitted to CNIL conference and ArXiv
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:00:24 +0200

Hello all,

Our paper "JShelter: Give Me My Browser Back" was submitted to the CNIL
Research Day conference https://www.cnil.fr/en/privacy-research-day-2022. See the
attachement for a little bit updated version compared to the official submission.

Remaining important dates

Notification to researchers: May 1st, 2022
Confirmation to present: May 15th, 2022
Submission of all materials: June 14th, 2022
Conference: June 28th, 2022

So we should hear back in a month.

I submitted the paper to ArXiv as well. Hopefully, it will be submitted
tomorrow. I'll send authors instructions to claim ownership once I learn. I'll
write a short blog post once we have the URL.

Our main goal is the https://petsymposium.org/cfp22.php (the dates on the link
are one year off), so the deadline should be May 31st. We have a lot of time to
proof reading, restructuring, modifications, updates, etc. I will not think
about the paper the next week or two to get some distance from the text. Anyone
is welcome to submit any idea to me or this mailing list.

PETS limits:

At most 15 pages, excluding bibliography and clearly-marked appendices. We are
a little bit over the limit.
20 pages total - we are OK.

I think that we should do:

* Does abstract, introduction, conclusion represent the paper well, in
particular do we mention all major results, are the sections clearly
understandable?
* Is the paper structure good?
* I am inclined to remove §2.4 T4: Hostile third-party scripts and all
references through the paper because we do not have any solution (yet) and I
think that we may never have a solution for JShelter.
* Should we merge §2 and §3?
* We might want to make some experiments for §5.2 and show concrete results.
* It would be nice to try Fingerprint Detector on a large scale study (§5.3).
* Discuss data concerning users hesitating to give additional permissions and
the trends in active users of these separate versions (§5.6).
* Do we have any tests/experiments that are worth making?
* Did I miss something.
* Should we add something?
* Is there anything that should be removed?

Thanks for your feedback

Libor