js-shield

Development meeting 20231010

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Development meeting 20231010
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 11:52:09 -0400

* Grants (Development/Design)
  * NLnet
    - Ongoing.
    - riseup pad organizing grant objectives
  * Open Technology Fund
  * CZ-US Relation
  * Be on the lookout for other grant opportunities.

- Speaking (Development/Design)
  - SECRYPT
    - Was the talk recorded?

* Progress on reported bugs (Development/Design)
  * Will look into the WebWorker bug.

* Manifest V3 (Development)
  * Simeon moved to Firefox.
  * Moving code to stateless. Firefox deadline is the end of december.
* We could make our Manifest V2 code stateless so that it works with Mozilla and Chromium.
  * New branch should be public by the beginning of November.
* How would we save hashes? We could use storage where we save configs? async could be blocked by user privacy preferences.

* Localization or Internationalization (i18n) (Development/Design)
  * Weblate seems to continue to work!

* Blog posts
  - Manifest V3
  - FSF bulletin article
  - Ideas
    * Internationalization
    * Web Assembly
    * WEI
- https://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/web_environment_integrity_is_an_all_out_attack_on_free_internet

* News
* Interesting link: https://ojs.library.queensu.ca/index.php/surveillance-and-society/article/view/13958

* Next meeting (Development/Design)
  * Meetings repeat every two weeks.
  * Next development meeting: October 31th
  * Next design meeting: October 17th