js-shield

Development and design meetings 20231031 and 20231114

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Development and design meetings 20231031 and 20231114
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 11:39:10 -0500

Meta: I forgot to send out last meetings minutes so I merged them here. Today's meeting and the last meeting were also both development and design meetings.

* Progress on reported bugs (Development/Design)
  * Discussing WebWorker.

* Manifest V3 (Development)
* Working on squashing bugs with stateless NoScript Commons Library (NSCL).
  * Questionairre
* We have all reviewed the questionairre. Probably good to send out to extension developers. * Collecting email addresses of privacy and security extensions. Much more than we guessed. Collected 2000+ from Mozilla developers. Will need to deduplicate and compare with the list of developers that we already know.
    * sort emails.txt | uniq
* We could filter by a threshold of users. Maybe send to extensions around our user number and greater.
    * The number of responses might be low so we may not need to filter.
* In the event that we get an overwhelming response, we could potentially ask people from the community to help sort through the anonymized data.

* Localization or Internationalization (i18n) (Development/Design)
  * Reviewed Weblate documentation and scripts.
* The pipeline for the webextension should mostly carry over to the website.
  * Discussion about link naming.
* The weblate branch is a throw-away branch. Just be careful with revising the history. Maybe practice with a new branch.

* Blog posts
  - Manifest V3
    - Published. https://jshelter.org/mv3/
    - Footer issue.
  - FSF bulletin article
    - Should be at the printer or mailing stage now.
- Creating a community wiki page to work together on website specific workaround could be linked from the FAQ page

* News
  * Built-in tweaks addition.
  * Improved FPD report.

* Next meeting (Development/Design)
  * Meetings repeat every two weeks.
  * Next development meeting: November 28th
  * Next design meeting: November 21st - One hour earlier than normal.