js-shield

Translation progress

From: Ricardo Lafuente
Subject: Translation progress
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 08:57:38 +0000

Hi everyone,

We're really sorry for having missed yesterday's meeting without notice, as we spent most of our day dealing with a broken boiler and missed the reminder. That said, happy new year! Here's a quick progress report on our side.

We are still finishing the translation pipeline, and have so far automated the Weblate download process and integration into Pelican. One major issue has been that no gettext libraries seem to handle YAML frontmatter cleanly, but we've now finally tackled it using a post-processing script that restores the mangled information. This week we're hoping to finish the build pipeline so that translated versions of the site can be updated and generated through the JShelter auto-deployment.

Once we have a first working translation pipeline, we'll focus on the site copy-editing for consistency and style.

We suppose the next meeting is on the 23rd?

Have a great week,
A&R