js-shield

Progress notes + next meeting

From: Ricardo Lafuente
Subject: Progress notes + next meeting
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 16:40:28 +0000

Hi all,

Today it was just me and Michael on the call, so we decided to call it a day and we'd post our progress on the list.

We have a first working translation pipeline on the website-i18n branch, which is now able to build the website with translated versions pulled from Weblate. We wrote down some basic initial docs explaining the pipeline, which we'll refine as we improve details and test things further.

The next task we'd take on is the copyediting review of the site content, since that will create and change a lot of strings -- it would be wasteful to start translating stuff that's going to be replaced. This will also be useful to test out the translation pipeline as we go.

There are also some open points regarding translation which we're tracking in this issue.

Finally, next meeting is scheduled for Feb 9.

Have a great week!
Ricardo