Re: [Libcdio-devel] libdio 0.76cvs last call?

From: Nicolas Boullis
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libdio 0.76cvs last call?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:13:23 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 09:07:39PM -0400, R. Bernstein wrote:

> Okay. Thanks. I've removed the potential -lm linking then from the
> package.

I'm not sure this was right. As far as I know, the linking I added only
work for systems that support recursive dynamic linking or for
applications that use libtool and the provided .la files for their
linking.

In other cases, pkg-config becomes useful, and it should inform people
that they (may) need libm, so I think the -lm you added previously and
just removed was good.

> The tarbal and CVS have been updated. Check revision numbers. Will go
> through the test process yet again. And let me know if there are
> further questions or problems. Thanks.

I haven't been tracking libcdio for long, which makes it very complex to
track ABI changes. But I guess that everything should be alright if
you've been carefully following the guidelines...

Anyway, I still don't know if moving some declarations from paranoia.h
to cdda.h qualifies as changing the sourcecode. But considering that it
does is probably playing safe.

Cheers,

Nicolas