[Libcdio-devel] buffer overrun in cd-info and iso-info and a release?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] buffer overrun in cd-info and iso-info and a release?
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:37:37 -0500

A buffer overrun in cd-info and libcdio was uncovered when one reads a
disk/image with a long joilet filename. Although, I believe this is
now currently addressed in CVS, a suggestion has come up about whether
to put out a release. A scan of the NEWS file shows that the only
other change made since the last release is implementing media_changed
in one of the FreeBSD modes.

So especially packagers of libcdio out there - does it make life
significantly easier to put out a new package or apply a security
patch?

As for me personally, I don't have time to make a release right now,
so if it is decided to go that of a new release, a volunteer would be
welcome.