[Libcdio-devel] Setting cdio_drive_cap_misc_t

From: Preetam
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Setting cdio_drive_cap_misc_t
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:55:39 +0530

Hello,

My apologies if this issue has already been discussed here.
I've searched the list archives for any discussion related to this,
but didn't find any mention.

I need to disable the manual eject button on the CD drive,
irrespective of whether the drive is mounted or not (I have a 1-year
old who has developed fancy for the eject button).

Through the output of 'cd-drive' utility and the 'device.h' file, I
see that the drive reports "Can disable manual eject : Yes".
However, I couldn't find the API for setting the
'cdio_drive_cap_misc_t'  capability that has the
'CDIO_DRIVE_CAP_MISC_LOCK' attribute.

Could someone tell me if there is already a command to achieve this?
Some hints on writing such a script/program are also welcome,

Thanks,

-P Patil