[Libcdio-devel] FreeBSD driver patch

From: Geoff Bailey
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] FreeBSD driver patch
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:20:52 -0700

I have attached a couple of patches that fix the FreeBSD IOCTL interface in libcdio.

1. The patch "patch-lib_driver_FreeBSD_freebsd_ioctl.c" fixes the read_audio_sectors_freebsd_ioctl() function.

2. The patch "patch-lib_driver_FreeBSD_freebsd.c" resets the 'exists' variable to true before scanning for ATAPI devices and adds a function to set the default access mode. This is required when enumerating devices with "cdio_get_devices_with_cap", since one is unable to set the access mode in this case and it defaults to CAM.

Since the ATAPI driver is in the GENERIC FreeBSD kernel and the ATPICAM driver must be loaded manually, these changes make libcdio work immediately upon installation.

Also, my older model drive fails with "xmms2" (when using the CAM interface) with "transport failed" but the IOCTL interface works.