Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Retrieving DATA session from multisession audio

From: Thomas Vander Stichele
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Retrieving DATA session from multisession audio disc
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:08:45 +0200

Hi,

> -o sbsector=  points to the start block of the
> desired track if it is at the original position.
> But Eric's is displaced by 222145 blocks of 2 kB.
>
> Adventurous testers could try losetup option -o
> with a negative value or mount option "offset".

What value would this be there ? I tried in a loop with lots of values,
none worked.

> I'd rather propose to put the ISO image onto a
> CD sized podium.
> First create a placeholder of 222145 blocks
> by writing one block to address 222144:
>
>   dd if=/dev/zero \
>      bs=2K count=1 seek=222144 \
>      of=cd_dummy.iso
>
> Then append the ISO 9660 track content
>
>   cat 8mm-songs_to_love_and_die_by.iso >>cd_dummy.iso
>
> This image should be mountable on GNU/Linux by
>
>   mount -t iso9660 -o loop,sbsector=222145 \
>         cd_dummy.iso /mnt

I couldn't get this to mount either:
address@hidden thomas]# mount -t iso9660 -o loop,sbsector=207106
dummy.iso /mnt/iso/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
       dmesg | tail  or so

from dmesg:

ISOFS: Unable to identify CD-ROM format.

Any suggestions ?

Thomas

--
on my grave