Re: [Libcdio-devel] Pete Batard's Changes (MinGW, MSVC, UDF, Joliet, hea

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Pete Batard's Changes (MinGW, MSVC, UDF, Joliet, header ...) merged in. Leon's CD-Text changes coming
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 05:45:20 -0500

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Pete Batard <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2012.03.04 22:53, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
>
>> Pete Batard's patches have now been merged into the git master branch.
>>

> Wow, thanks! I've been trying to find time to get things going with the
> integration branch this week, but that didn't materialize itself.
> Sorry you had to go through the integration on your own.
>

>  Pete: it is possible there are some small residual changes I've missed. If
>> that is the case send patches and we'll take care of.
>>

> Well, the MSVC solution files and config are not there, but this can be
> taken care of later on. Note that MSVC will require keeping a version.h in
> the source tree, since we can't autogenerate one there.
>
> Also, we will very much need ecma_167.h to be patched further to bring it
> in line with that currently exists in -pbatard, since, as previously
> mentioned, we have a problem with union of empty arrays being one byte for
> MS compilers vs 0 bytes for gcc, which throws any code that uses sizeof off
> balance.

Just double checked. What was in master is what is currently in ecma_167.h

>  I've tested the changes using "make distcheck" on GNU/Linux, cygwin ,
>> Solaris and MinGW.
>>
>> On MinGW there seems to be a disagreement between what autoconf uses for
>> filename paths (e.g. /c/cygwin...) and what fopen() of libc on MinGW
>> understands (e.g. c:/cygwin). As a result there are a couple of failures
>> here which I worked around by modifying config.status to insert c:/cygwin
>> for /c/cygwin.
>>

> That's because you didn't pick cdio_strdup_fixpath() from util.h/c /
> _cdio_stdio.c / bincue.c / cdrdao.c.

I don't see cdio_strdup_fixpath in

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libcdio.git/tree/lib/driver/util.c?h=pbatard

Perhaps you haven't pushed this back to git?

I also have some very recent change in _cdio_stdio.c to support opening