Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Savannah issue bug #35745

From: Nicolas Boullis
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Savannah issue bug #35745
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:09:48 +0100

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:09:35PM -0400, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> A patch was recently submitted: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35745
>
> Any comments on this?

I had no idea that identifiers that begin with _[_A-Z] were reserved,
but if they really are, I think it is sane to replace them, at least for
macros use as "header guards", which, I guess, nobody uses outside the
header files themselves.
As for the patch itself, it adds a 32-character random-like suffix to
all identifiers. I think this is really ugly, and I can see no good
reason for this...

Cheers,

--
Nicolas