Re: [Libcdio-devel] Fedora bug report concerning CD-TEXT

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Fedora bug report concerning CD-TEXT
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:50:27 +0200

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 23:47:41 +0200
"Thomas Schmitt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The production of a file
>   nightcats_ii_en_de.right
> runs into its own problems, though:
>
>   $ ./src/cd-info /dev/sr4
>   CD Analysis Report
>   ++ WARN: Iconv failed: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide
> character ... repeated 5 more times ...

That is strange. There should be no multibyte characters other than
Japanese. German umlauts are ISO-8559-1 and thus 8-bit.
Are you sure that nightcats_ii_en_de.cdt has the correct charset?

> Any idea where iconv would be called ?

cdtext_set calls cdio_charset_to_utf8 (line 477) which calls iconv. The
code is in utf8.c.

> Further, the TAB repetition mechanism seems not to be implemented:

Correct. I am going to implement it, though. Give me a couple of days.

> Yet unclear is the reason why the last german track
>
>   Track 03 Title      = Mie auu
>   Track 03 Artist     = Mia Kätzchen
>   Track 03 Songwriter = Mia Kätzchen
>   Track 03 Composer   = Mia Kätzchen
>   Track 03 Arranger   = Mia Kätzchen
>   Track 03 Message    =
>   ISRC 03             = XYBLG1100006
>
> yields only
>
>   CD-TEXT for Track  3:
>           TITLE: Mie auu
>           ISRC: XYBLG1100006

My bet is, that this comes from the encoding issue where iconv fails.
Please double check if the charset-bits really say ISO-8859-1 and if
the ä's are correctly encoded. The double byte bit must be 0.

> Further James reports on Redhat bugzilla that cdrdao displays
> the ISRC correctly. Some more thing to investigate.

I could look into this once I have the time.

Regards
Leon