Re: [Libcdio-devel] Read Sub-channel changes

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Read Sub-channel changes
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 14:35:31 +0200

Hi,

this gesture in

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=commitdiff;h=0f9fe770268bc74e571c999e67b74d4968d0e835
looks suspicious:

+  if (i_cdtext > CDTEXT_LEN_BINARY_MAX + 2)
+      i_cdtext = CDTEXT_LEN_BINARY_MAX + 2;
+  else
+      i_cdtext += 2; /* data length does not include the data length field */

Shouldn't the comparison rather be

   if (i_cdtext > CDTEXT_LEN_BINARY_MAX)

Else i_cdtext could become up to (CDTEXT_LEN_BINARY_MAX + 4)
whereas larger lengths are truncated to (CDTEXT_LEN_BINARY_MAX + 2).

Leon Merten Lohse wrote:
> I got a bug report via private email saying the CD-Text extraction does
> not always work on some drives.

What goes wrong and how do you work around ?

I see an older comment
  /* We may need to give CD-Text a little more time to complete. */

Is this really true ?
Does the drive need more time after it reported no error to a
TEST UNIT READY command ?

>   git clone -b cdtext-testing git://git.sv.gnu.org/libcdio.git

Now that you tell me, i can see it in man git-clone.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas