[Libcdio-devel] Test suite changes

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Test suite changes
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 21:32:33 +0200

Please take a look at the changes to the test suite I proposed in my
last commit to the cdtext-testing branch. [1]

The sources of the binary tests needed to be generated by the configure
script, previously. This was because they need the path of the
test/data directory, which was given to them by a configure variable.
Since the same task can be achieved by a preprocessor constant, which
can be passed with -D to the compiler. This way, the source files can
remain static and the configure variable can be evaluated in the
Makefile, which needs to generated anyway.

I believe this simplifies the testing and the amount of work needed to
implement new tests significantly.

So far, I could not think of any scenario where this would break but
you, Rocky, are far more experienced than I am in these things.

Best regards
Leon

[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=commit;h=e4e394891f08e8ba77a92f29cf2a336ed4bf62a5