Re: [Libcdio-devel] [RFC] New API iso9660_statv2_t as API/ABI compatible

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] [RFC] New API iso9660_statv2_t as API/ABI compatible way to read files >= 4 GiB
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 19:24:52 +0200

Hi,

Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> The definition of bool in types.h comes from an era decades ago when
> stdbool.h wasn't so std or rather didn't exist.

I found it on my system only as
  /usr/include/c++/4.9/tr1/stdbool.h
which only does
  #include <tr1/cstdbool>
which exists as
  /usr/include/c++/4.9/tr1/cstdbool

It includes the really ugly file
  #include <bits/c++config.h>
and then again does
  #if _GLIBCXX_HAVE_STDBOOL_H
  #include <stdbool.h>
  #endif
Which gives my brain a logical endless loop.

> In this day and age though, I think we should just drop the bool definition
> in types.h. That will probably break the ABI, but I think I'm okay with
> that.

Well, if the ABI is doomed, then i shall hurry to develop the "pragmatic"
multi-extent branch, as sketched out with Pete.

But i still have one change in statv2 on the plan:
Detecting files which are not suitable for the "pragmatic" concept. :))

Have a nice day :)

Thomas