liberty-eiffel

Re: compile error on MacOs when installing liberty eiffel

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: Re: compile error on MacOs when installing liberty eiffel
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:00:16 +0200

Il 28/04/24 16:05, Remy.Schleimer ha scritto:
Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply.

I am indeed iinstalling on  an Apple M2 chip and

I do not have access to any Apple Silicon machines. A temporary solution is to use an older version of actual GCC.

According to https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/gcc#default only version 13 , 12 and 11 are available for Apple Silicon, aka ARM64.

I have been able to bootstrap the compiler without any error from the current installer using gcc version 7.

Of course this requires to be solved....

I made a quick search but I wasn't able to find an apple silicon version of gcc that old.