liberty-eiffel

Re: Cannot generate eiffel docs after fresh install

From: Remy.Schleimer
Subject: Re: Cannot generate eiffel docs after fresh install
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 22:27:14 +0200

Hi Rapha,
Allow me to express some thoughts:
- currently liberty eiffel distribution has 7k+ classes
- a very few of them are incompletely specified (is indicated in my previous message)
- those few ones prevent the whole system from being documented

I am not convinced (as you suggested) that the problem stems from “the size of generated html”: 7k classes is huge, there is nothing we can do about it.

IMHO, the problem is more about definition  of the universe: after a standard install, liberty eiffel just assumes that I want to use all the classes included in the distribution.
This is definitely not the case: On a first trial, I’d be happy to work with the classes included in “my universe”, which in my case was an empty directory.
Should I want to add more classes,  I would be happy to provide a universe to the system (loadpath.se).

While being easy to use, I believe the system should not  imply a default universe, but stick to the one defined in the current directory.
Obviously, other settings from “liberty.se” (e.g. compiler settings) are worth keeping unchanged.
But who am I to make such suggestions?
Regards
Remy

BTW, “install.sh -wrapper” currently yields errors, which seem to be the very origin to the problems discussed in this thread

find . -type f -iname "*.e"|wc

    7345    7345  392788

cd dev

% ls -l

total 0

% se find any

/Users/eiffel/Repos/liberty-eiffel/src/lib/kernel/any.e (class ANY in cluster "liberty_core:kernel/loadpath.se:")